Friday, January 5, 2018

Photo Update 2017 Part 7: On the News

Before moving to the woods, I've never had a journalist show any interest in me. In the last 2 years, I've been on a few TV programs and talked with journalists and authors who come to visit for a little while.

A few folks from NBC came out this fall and made a little video about the place and people at Wild Roots. They don't focus on projects much. Their videography is way better than my photography though, so maybe it's a nice complement to my photo updates.

A few minor comments I'd make: usually there're more people at Wild Roots than shown in the video, but it was winding down in the cold season when they visited. Also, I say in the video I miss my friends from my life in northern Virginia. I do, and I didn't mean to imply that I don't have any new friends - I don't live isolated in the woods with just 4 other people and 2 dogs! I also feel really grateful for many rich new friendships I've made. Oh yeah, and these days I go by Whippoorwill, or Whip for short.

That's all for my 2017 photo update. Thanks for reading.

==

This is part of a series of posts describing my living situation (Wild Roots) and projects this summer and fall 2017: